Skip to main content


Two women, one young and one elderly, smiling together outdoors.
I need a certified copy of a Birth/Death Certificate, Where do I go? 

We can print vital records for the state of Missouri only. We do not print out of state birth/death certificates. Complete an application available at the health department and with the required fee, we will print it for you. The entire process takes 10-15 minutes.

I was bitten by an animal! What do I do? 

Per Missouri Law, all animal bites that puncture the skin must be reported to the health department. We then investigate the situation, including the health of the animal and the person.

How do I sign up for Medicaid and Food Stamps? 

The health department does not provide these services. You will need to contact the Division of Family Services at 660.258.3388 and they can further assist you.

Can I get CPR classes at the Health Department? 

We conduct American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED classes. Call the health department for information on scheduling and associated costs.

What sexually transmitted infections can I get tested for? 

Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, HIV & Hepatitis C

Testing is free of charge and by appointment.

Is there treatment available for sexually transmitted infections? 

There are antibiotics available for gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis.

How do I learn more about the Petska Cancer Fund? 

The Petska Cancer Fund was established in 1969 when Mr. Frank Petska made provisions to his will to start the fund. The fund is used to defray the costs of transportation for Linn County residents needing treatment for cancer. The health department manages the records for the fund. There are three county residents serving on the board. Call the health department for more information.

Can I see a doctor and get medications at the Health Department? 

The health department does NOT have a physician on staff, nor the ability to prescribe medications or assist with costs. You will need to contact your local health care provider for these needs.

How do I know if my car seat is safe for my child? 

The Linn County Health Department has 2 Child Passenger Safety Technicians available for safety seat checks. Call for an appointment!

What do I do about mold in my house? Is it reportable? 

There are no federal or state regulations regarding indoor mold growth or individual exposure limits for homes or offices. Therefore the health department does not inspect for mold or monitor mold growth, we can provide information as to how to clean-up after mold and prevent further growth and exposure.

Can I get the vaccine for shingles at the Health Department? 

No, we do not offer Shingrix or Zostavax (the vaccines for shingles). Check with your medical provider for information on where you can obtain the vaccine. This link provides information on the vaccine and disease.

How do I sign up for WIC and how do I know if I qualify? 

The easiest way is to call for an appointment to come in and fill out the paperwork; you will need to have identification, proof of residency and a current pay stub with you in order to complete the paperwork.

Who is WIC for? 

Pregnant women and children up to age 5 qualify for the WIC program.